Thursday, January 22, 2009

core and an easy run

started out wednesday morning with a great core workout at the training center...it has been re-arranged to accommodate the 800,000 people that are now training with T3...so that is good...makes me feel like i will be able to find a spot for spin when i come on tuesday nights...any way there were a lot of people for core but it felt less squashed so nice...

then it was off to my first day of school, organic chem, cellular and molecular nutrition, biology and nutritional assessment...seems like i am going to like my classes...my cellular nutrition NTR 326...see this class has been causing me stress...i was in it...then got booted due to my lack of a pre-req...but my prof was cool and said i could go ahead an join taking the other class as a co-req...nice...love when stuff works out...i'm going to have to pay good attention in that class and make cure i am keeping up...o-chem is going to be the same...that class is already scaring me...but it is the chem that i liked from 301 so i'm hoping that i am going to like it...

home to start reading up...then off to run practice where i took it easy...skipped most of the drills...high knees and butt kicks hurt these days...we were doing 3-2-1 where you run 3 minutes 10k 2 minutes 5k 1 minute faster than 5k....with 1.30 rest between...i decided to keep it all at 10k...ran two sets through...felt ok...no stabbing pain like sunday so that was good...home to ice it

made linguine carbonara for dinner...turkey bacon sub for the other kind...it was delicious...iced for a while...then pretty early to bed...

2 comments:

Amy said...

Sooo.. I feel like I should already know this, but evidently I don't. What're you training for currently?

Jess said...

austin marathon :D