Wednesday, November 26, 2008

IMAZ 3



saturday morning i had my in-laws follow me down to the race site to show them around a bit before i went to swim...i also packed up the bike and the transition bags to drop off later in the morning...so i didn't have to run back and forth to the hotel...and so i could get it done and get out of the area...(the nervous energy was really thick...and it was nice to have a hotel about 2 miles from the action...close enough to get there quickly but far enough to get away from the mess)...

met up with michelle and jane again for the swim...much better...much much better than the day before...a lot less choppy...still cold...but not bad...i was in for about 20 minutes just working out the cobwebs...feeling my head in the cold water...checking out what it was like to swim under the bridges and got out...grabbed my run gear and did a 15 minute run along the water...it was nice to be out of the water and that area before the hoards of people were there...i sat in the sun for a bit after my run...listening to my ipod....and breathing...called my in-laws to see where they were...they were at the volunteer meeting trying to find a spot to work the next day...so i went to grab a latte...met up with michelle and charles again there...and then my in-laws...we chatted for a while...learning what my father-in-law learned about the change tents...cool stuff...then we went to drop off my gear in transition...

my bike was just a block away...so we grabbed my bags...did one last check....tossed the wheel on the bike and walked back down to transition...not too many bikes in there yet...found my rack...i was pretty close to where the bike out would be...and pretty close to the fence and next to some porta potties so i could tell my folks where i would be...took a photo of my bike in it's spot...dropped my bags...and was ready to eat

went to the pub where i had met up with the cheer squad the day before...the food looked good so i was excited...but then realized that it was the day i had to start being very careful not to eat too much fiber...or anything weird...i'm usually pretty good (my stomach is usually very tolerant but i was risking nothing)...so i had a plain grilled chicken sandwich with fries and lots of ketchup...good sodium right???...just as we were finishing up i got a text that j had landed...so we headed back to the hotel...

my dad brought j just as we pulled up so we hung out for a bit dad, j me, in-laws, just chatting...i was glad to have some distraction and company...

No comments: