Wednesday, November 19, 2008

barton springs...

i had to get one more barton springs swim in before heading out to arizona...there is something about that place...it is amazing...and i feel very lucky to have it to train in...i mean that is a very cool thing...to have this crazy open waterish place to swim...that is free most of the time...and full of cool creatures...and just the whole place rules...so yeah...did about 2000...imagining myself in tempe town lake...with 2500 of my closest friends...and had a huge smile on my face the whole time...

home for a while in the morning...j was working from home cause he had to wait for the city inspector...so that was fun to have a friend around...then off to chem and chem office hours...yeah...i wasn't really focused on class...my nose was runny...(pesky) and i was rather confused...i'm planning on catching up on my chem reading on the plane...

did some laundry and packing...and got to hang out with amy for a little while...i wish she was coming...but i will (as always) hear her voice in my head while i am racing...you are well prepared for this race...trust your training...transition...slow is smooth, smooth is fast...she has been an amazing friend and inspiration through this whole process...i even remember the day outside of run-tex where i asked her if she thought i could do one of these crazy things...good times...wow that seems like a long time ago...

then i had to swing by the training center...i was feeling cut off from my team...since i haven't seen them twice a day like i normally do...since i started tapering...i was glad i went...got a hug from both my coaches...and well wishes from my teammates...great to be a part of a team...nothing like it...

wow...i'm excited...i'm listening to my IM mix as i type...it is so motivating to me...it starts with bittersweet symphony...and goes right in to hatebreed mind over all ...yikes...

and as j just reminded me...96 hours...again....not that i'm counting

1 comment:

chuckd said...

Right on Jess!!
You're gonna rock it out there. You've put in the work. The money is in the bank. Now it's payday.

So excited for you. You will have a great day!!

Enjoy your day. you deserve it.

Chuck