Friday, March 28, 2008

ride with friend!

thursday morning weight room with j in tow :) i love when we go to the gym together...it is nice to see someone that you know smiling at you when you look up in all those mirrors...not just the noisy gym guy...upped the weights...chest press, dead lift, bicep curls and leg extensions...

minor crisis mid morning...after returning from the LBS with my new-to-me saddle on for a test drive....my house what inside a line of yellow tape...with caution chemical spill on it...curious...so i flag down the nearest construction guy (they are doing some major digging in the road for the past week or so) all he can tell me is "big gas pipe" hmm...next guy...freaks me out and says things like...be prepared to evacuate and don't turn on any lights...fireman says go inside check on the cats come back in 15 minutes...after some stress of trying to get the cats prepared to evacuate...and me bloody and scratched...j came home to help me with this just in case...so 25 minutes later all was clear and it started to not smell like gas...yikes...well i didn't do so well on the quiz i had in school due to the study time being taken by emergency procedures...

my afternoon was much better though...as i got to go on a bike ride with amy!!! :) we started at LBS and went via bike route 31 into south austin...it was a very nice ride...1.5hs...and we got to chat and catch up a bit...lovely...warm...okay hot afternoon...still the wind is kicking my butt...but i guess it is making me stronger...and i got to see my friend two days in a row!!!

now it is time to make arrangements to procure the saddle from WhyIron...perhaps he will take something in trade as my baking skills improve daily...hmm must contact...does he like bread...or cheesecakes...we will see...

1 comment:

Mark said...

What? The cats didn't want to evacuate? They must like it there:)

Glad the saddle worked out ... but keep it on for a few more/longer rides just to make sure ...

Mmmm, saddle for yummy calories, perhaps he will :)