Sunday, March 9, 2008

First long ride

it was cold saturday morning but that was not going to stop me from getting out on the newly decked out rocketship for my first ride longer than 30 minutes...i bundled and layered and headed out to meet jeremiah and joanna for a 9am ride...

started out at the veloway nice and easy just getting used to things...the new aero drink bottle, and computer being in my face...being in the pedals again...steering in the aero bars...all that good stuff...did three laps or so then out on south mopac for some actual road riding...there was a nice big shoulder and not a lot of traffic or stopping so that was nice...it felt really good to be out there...back for another loop on the veloway...said bye to joanna and we headed out into the circle c (?) neighborhood for a few more miles...

back to the cars...into running shoes...and an easy 20 minute jog around just to get used to the run off the bike...that was my first "real" run off the bike...but i did ride my mtn. bike to most of my marathon training runs so i have done it before...it felt good...but my feet felt weird...i think that was from them never warming up in those bike shoes...

home around 12.30...eat...farm share pick-up...and back home to clean...since i slacked off all last week on the house work due to mid-terms it was a bit ichy...j was out meeting a friend (in town for SXSW) for coffee...so i rocked out to some old school bon jovi and got my cleaning done...

frog party at the Mexican-American-cultural-center with fire dancers, latin funk band, 2,000 people and free drinks (including green beer...) too bad i am recovering from a cold...i stuck with smart water...home not too late but had to set the clocks forward (ught!) so *blink* there goes an hour...swim clinic sunday am to make-up for the loss of wednesday :)

2 comments:

Mark said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mark said...

"but my feet felt weird" (I don't know what your biking background is, you may have a very proficient pedal stroke in which case the following comment may cause offense!:) but I found that my feet did/do get "numb" (i.e. weird) when I mash the pedals. A smoother "all around" pedal stroke doesn't rely on the downstroke so makes my feet feel better at the end of the ride.