Thursday, March 13, 2008

big girl ride

after coffee and internet, cornflakes and toothbrushing i was ready to head to the gym for my second lifting session for the week... it was cloudy i had checked the weather and the chance for rain was low...woo woo...mtn bike to the gym...not so fast

went to put air in the tires and noticed something weird...on my back tire...the side wall had blown out and the tube was popping through...yeah...mtn bike is jealous i have been spending some time with the rocket-ship...both wheels off the bike into the car to go to the LBS _again_ this week...but after the gym..

lifting was good...empty and nice at 9ish in the AM...LBS was out of a set of mtb hybrid tires...off to shop #2...they only had one....bought it...off to shop #3 to get the other...had to have a matching pair since i was switching from big knobby off road tires to hybrid tires...and i ride a lot...home to spend an hour getting the bike all back together again...

f.r.u.s.t.r.a.t.i.n.g!!!

i was not in a super great mood...hrmm...

i decided to suck it up and go for a ride from my house out into real live traffic on my big girl bike...i wrote some directions on a piece of paper and taped it to the top tube of my bike...and off we went...me and the rocket ship played lets remember the marathon...

rode backwards on the marathon course from my house...up san jac...duval...north loop, shoal creek, great northern...and back down again...1h 20m...~19 miles at around 2pm...the wind was tough at spots but it was so much fun to ride...it totally made me smile...i must say it was a lot easier than riding my mtn bike on some of those roads...my commute home from school took half the time on the rocket ship...there were a bunch of places to start and stop and a bunch of places where there was just open road...

i returned home with a smile on my face...pleased with my first successful solo ride longer than 20 minutes :) and the frustration of the morning gone.

oh...and if you are coming downtown in the next day or so...make sure you are wearing black and those skinny jeans...i think there is a dress code order in effect :P

No comments: