Tuesday, February 17, 2009

breathe

after what seems like going full speed ahead for the last month i finally get a day off...not from sports or from homework...but from classes...and rushing around...my discussion section for Bio was canceled this morning and i finally get a moment to breathe...

don't get me wrong...i am very grateful for all of the things that i am able to enjoy everyday...and i love keeping myself busy and moving...but sometimes everyone just needs a moment to rest...and this morning i am taking full advantage of my time...

i started a new workout schedule this week...after a meeting with coach chrissie last friday she helped me get my head around not going to run workouts and giving myself some time to mentally break from the pattern...so i'm upping my yoga to 2-3 days a week, running 3-4 days but nothing over 4 maybe 5 miles...two swims...and a barton springs...and a spin and a long ride...and if i'm feeling up to it a trainer ride at home...so hopefully with this i can gain some fitness, keep healing and get a little faster doing the short runs...

i'm on day two...and it's looking good so far...i woke up sunday morning with some pretty bad knee pain and i could not figure out what the deal was...i had taken a few days off from my routine...hadn't been able to get an appointment for PT or ART last week...and spun pretty hard on the trainer saturday but nothing that was pushing big gears...so i'm a little concerned...but here is the weird part...i did yoga sunday and monday mornings and ran 3.14 miles in the afternoon and did not have any pain on the run or at yoga...it's when i am not doing stuff that it is hurting...weird

i have a PT and ART appointment today so i'm hoping to get some relief and hoping to see if progress is being made here...

so other than that i'm home doing laundry, homework and studying for my o-chem test on thursday night...and i can't even tell you how happy i am about it...no seriously...