Wednesday, July 9, 2008

a seriously long day

up at 4am to hopefully get on a flight home...were at the airport and in line by 4.45am to make sure we had actual seats on the plane to DC...everything went as planned and we were home in austin just before noon...amazing that it all went off with out a hitch when the day before it was a disaster...

j was off to the office to try and make up for lost time...and i was trying to sort through all my mail...clean up the house...and get things back to normal...

then off to spin class...i knew that i had a flat waiting to be changed at the training center...i got it on the way in from my ride wednesday so i got there a little early to fix it...well Mo said he would help...but he actually did the whole thing in about three minutes...it was amazing...i tossed my bike on a trainer and got on to get a little time in before core...30 minutes of core...then back on the bike for a good spin...i missed my bike so i was happy to be back on it...it felt good to be getting some serious workout time...did 1h 25 m on the bike ~25 miles (standing still)

pf chang for dinner since there was nothing in the house...in bed by 8.45 and sleeping very shortly there after...why is it that sitting on a plane makes me so tired...

2 comments:

Amy said...

I don't know but sitting on a plane makes me tired too. Glad to see your trip home was hitchless...ours was a mad frantic dash from cab to closed underground station, to walking 3 blocks to cab to train ticket we couldn't buy to diverted tube station...luckily Heathrow security was simply fast.

Unknown said...

the hardest part of Ironman was the travel. I don't know why but sitting on a plane is exhausting to me.
Welcome home.