Wednesday, April 23, 2008

swim/ride

tuesday morning i was excited to swim with Jemimah! though now that i realize..he was coming off a great race and a day off (so excited and rested) and me on my last day of the training week before a day off (so pretty tired)...so he schooled me on that first length...caught up with him at the other end and gave me a minute or so to catch my breath...and we were off again...did some more laps...4 total? or was it three...i had some breathing issues as we came in on the last one...as i was trying to avoid a collision with two swimmers...neither swimming in a straight line...i had to do a bunch of one stoke then sight...so the breath got all confused...and ended up finishing the out breath when i wanted to inhale...hmm...after a brief moment to get that adjusted we finished our length...an ok swim...i was a bit disappointed in my performance...though that was only my 4th BS swim...i will get better...i will get better...right?

came home to study for my nutrition lab final...reading over all the powerpoints and lab documents...wow...my prof loves animations...sounds...bad clip art and moving text...j would be appalled...i think i am almost ready for it...to class for the start of entropy...the tendency of the system to move towards disorder...hmm..makes sense...then some more on the growth and nutrition of children...the girl next to me in class looked at me all shocked 'you use both sides when you breast feed?!' uh duh...

out on the bike an uneventful 1h 10m 18.0 miles...feeling very solid on the bike...well except when going 33 down really steep hills and having a sharp turn at the bottom...but other than that i am doing well with the left hand off the bike and all that good stuff...good ride...glad for Wednesday off :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

you only use both sides for twins, right?