Tuesday, May 20, 2008

monday monday

summer is nice...i got to sleep in until 6.45...then ride my bike to the gym

weights at golds this morning...i swear every time i go now i am upping the weights at least one place in my routine...what's up with that...for months (years) before i started tri training i kept wanting to up my weights but i never felt like i got anywhere...now i can't help it! it is a nice feeling...so weights were good...

finished the julie/julia book...very funny...she should have ended it better but hey i can't complain...finished sports nutrition book too...now onto finishing going long and perhaps picking up a book today at bookpeople since i know that i am going to want to have it...in defense of food...i have a section on my book shelf that keeps growing...it's all food writing :)

run workout in the evening...man it was hot...in the 90's i think...we were supposed to do 8-10x400m on the road...we did 8 and called it a day...i was pooped from the effort and the heat...monday started my race prep so i had been concentrating on my hydration and of course had been much less hydrated that i should be...so that didn't help...though looking at my times my first was only a second faster than my last so not too bad...the cool down felt hard... it's up hill on the way back...good stuff.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I read the Julie/Julia book, too. I'm really into food reading--I'm just starting the new Michael Pollan book. Have you read "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle" by Barbara Kingsolver?

Jess said...

i just picked up the pollan book yesterday...and keep looking at the kingsolver book...i like her other books :) i'll give it a shot next...food writing is great stuff