Wednesday, December 10, 2008

first "real" workout

tuesday morning swim practice! woo hoo...was in my usual lane with the usual ladies...nice to be back...three out of the four of us were/are in recovery mode so we made the fourth go first... :) and we just drafted lala...actually felt really good out there....i wasn't sure how much i would be feeling the swim but i dug it...not too much pulling so that made me happy...i wasn't trying to break any swim records...i was just swimming on effort...getting back into it...

home to study chem again...i feel a little like i am getting somewhere with the review...and going back over what we did earlier int he semester makes me say...hmm....why was this so hard when we first learned it...i'm on acids and bases again...and seem to get it this time...still have to work some problems to refresh my memory but i'm feeling more confident this time around...

had a meeting with chrissie and mo to discuss my training over the next months and year...they are down with my plans to run the marathon...and have vineman as my A race next summer...a few shorter races between those two...and longhorn in october...if my school schedule permits i would love to go to CdA with the group when they race...so that i can volunteer and sign up for '10...(did i just say that) if not...i think i will sign up from home...who's in???!...i need to look at the calendar but that is my thought...

stocked up on vitamins at whole foods on my way home...studied some more...made stuffed shells and salad for dinner...yum...and watched the freezing rain fall...then that turned to snow...i am totally amazed that i was wearing short sleeves and a t-shirt at 2pm...and by 11pm there was snow...there was actual snow on my car....in texas...weird...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

2010 might be my second IM..that's the plan as of now. I can't think of one I want to do more than CdA again. We'll see, I srsly hope so though.