Monday, December 29, 2008

15!

sunday was long run day...it was a chance for me to see if i could actually motivate to run 2x7 mile loops on the trail...i decided to start from barton springs...just because i can't seem to get my head around starting from the rock again...yet...got out on the trail at about 7.15...and felt like there was no one out...ran on the south side to start (i usually go the other way) and felt really good on the first loop...pretty fast but not super fast...good and steady...on my way back around i saw mark and amy!...yeah...

stopped for a quick drink under mopac and i was off again...split my watch when i got to the trail head to barton springs...7+ miles 1.08 sweet...my goal was to negative split the second time around...but really a lot of it was to not dig myself into a mental "this is so hard" hole...so just being happy at the finish would have been an improvement over last weeks run...

actually felt pretty good on the second loop was keeping up just about the same pace...and then i stopped for water...i really just should have kept running...it was less than a mile and a half to where i was parked...but i really needed a drink...when i started back up again i felt that same weird thing in my left knee, my tight hamstring and my mood went south...then something happened where i just kept running and picked up my pace and felt better...finished strong but alas not a negative split...1.10 on the second loop...*sigh*

grabbed my recovery drink out of the car...and stretched for a second...saw mike and sally...starting out on their run...went in and soaked...yeah...came out and saw chuck and his wife just heading out on their run as well...nice...it was a very good miles to friends ratio for sure...

had a lesson in bike cleaning...logan taught me how to take my cassette apart and make it sparkle...nice...spent several hours at the PTC scrubbing up the rocket ship post ironman...i think i washed all of the gunk off of her so we should be ready to ride this week...out in the world...

then home to make bread...erin came over to watch the process...mmm...multi-grain bread from cooks illustrated...it's an excellent recipe..

j and i roasted a chicken, made oven fries and garlic bok choy for dinner it was very tasty...and a little bread because i can't resist when it is warm out of the oven

1 comment:

Amy said...

I think that is the same multigrain that I make from CI? If so, I really like it.

Sorry we didn't coordinate. We started from BS at 7:30 (errr... 7:35)