Tuesday, September 30, 2008

monday

it's always a little tough to get up on monday morning and get to that morning workout...but i rolled out of bed at 4.45 and was on my way to barton springs to survey the damage from ACL fest over the weekend...and get in my 4000m swim...only a few other in the pool...i had a w/o of 1x400 warm-up 3x600 3x400 and 3x200 negative splitting all...as i was feeling rather like not doing any of it i was going to give it my best shot...and not beat my self up if i didn't negative spilt...was on 600 #2 when i realized i was heading right for the spill over (that shoots water down stream) eek! so i scooted over to my right a bit...not seeing that there was a swimmer near there...well he was a total jerk...he swam OVER me (dude...it's b4 6am at barton springs...what's the point) and gave me a watch where you are going when we got to the end of the pool...sorry dude...it's dark...you have dark hair...and no swim cap on...so i couldn't see you mr. grumpy pants...so anyway didn't make me feel like completing my w/o but kept going...and finished...my times were fine...with the second one always faster...but the third the same as the first...hey...i finished the workout and i didn't give up...

then school from 11-5pm...had a test in nutrition lab...and got to play with emulsions...ie salad dressing...it was weird...we made one with a cooked cornstarch base...weird...

then off to barton springs again for a run workout....we did 900m repeats....6x900 negative splitting if possible...
4.51
4.40
4.30
4.27
4.21
4.03
Nice! ran hard at the end...but felt good...it is nice to blow off steam after a long day at school...home for dinner and in bed by 8.45 with some light chemistry reading to put me to sleep :D

No comments: