Thursday, September 18, 2008

tue-wed-thurs

workouts this week have been out of routine due to the fact that i went from ~17.5h of training to 13.5 this week...so it has been fun to mix it up a bit...and not worry with my monday blunder...

tuesday was pretty regular with a swim in the am and a spin in the evening...it was cool day and loved putting on my hoodie after swimming...and having a hot breakfast when i got home...why does swimming make me starving...i don't have a clue..but it totally does...spin class was hard...did some core before...and worked a lot on one legged drills...and really just pushed it on the bike...good times...

wednesday i decided to do my barton springs swim in the am...it was 3600...my longest swim yet...400 warm up then 2x1600 negative split on the 1600's...i was able to do that...by about a minute...made me happy...not too many people when i first started...(5.45am) but more when i got out at around 7...i like getting done when the crowd is starting...also there is something kind of magical about swimming in the dark...i used to hate it...but now...i think it's great...pm was "track" workout...since we are on the dirt these days...there is more to think about...pushing the pace while not falling down...i think it is doing good things for my stability in the ankles and feet...and it's helping me get a little lift to the knees...but still not enough...did 4x800 then 4x400 all at 5k pace...was pretty steady with my pacing...so that was good...i was beat when it was all over...and my brain hurt from frustrating chem homework...and some other school work that i had been doing in the afternoon...i was happy to be done...and it was j's night for dinner...he got greek food...soo goood...

thursday...am spin...and that is it for the day...yeah...off tonight and all day tomorrow...looking forward to sleeping in...and resting up for the 115miles on saturday and the marathon relay on sunday...i'm running 2 legs...11k and a 5k...give me my miles for the day...and it lets mr. brown off the hook with his nagging hip issues...anything to help out a team mate...maybe they will quiz me with chem questions while i wait for my leg of the race :)

school later...then office hours...then hopefully some time to relax...but the chem exam coming up tuesday is making me scared so it looks like more chem later too...chem chem chem....ught.

No comments: