Monday, January 3, 2011

decisions

it's been a little while since i have last posted...and that by no means indicates that nothing is going on...since my last post here are some highlights...had a super time in seattle...flew back to austin to attended AC4D final presentations for the quarter...they rocked...was in austin for 36 hours then flew to arizona...hung out with my parents...got a pedicure (my first!)...saw two bob cats two days in a row...had christmas...baked 150 cupcakes for the engagement party of two friends...who surprised all the guests at the party by getting married!...attended the going away party of a good friend...reconnected with other good friends...did Bikram (hot!!) yoga twice...and actually made it past midnight on new years eve...amazing..

while all of this has been going on i had been thinking all along that come jan 3 i'm back on the training wagon gearing up for the 2011 tri season here in austin...as the day got closer...i got a little more apprehensive...and over the weekend i was down right jealous of some other friends who are taking this year to step back from all of the racing and let life fill in the blanks...

this month brings about a lot of changes...it's the end of my classes and the beginning of my internship portion of my program...j started his new job...and everything feels fresh and new...so falling back into the same old workout routine seems off to me...not to make this sound like some light decision...because if you know me...you know that i take my athletic commitments very seriously and to change my mind about a goal i set and the training i was going to do...it's a pretty big deal...and of course full of emotions...sigh...someday i won't cry about _everything_

so tonight i am off to my lil neighborhood yoga studio to get back in there and settle my mind and see where it takes me...i'm going to try and follow the tri training plan for the week and see how i feel about it all to make sure i am not just feeling the apprehension of starting a regular training plan after having 2 months off of rigid scheduling...we shall see...

No comments: