Sunday, November 1, 2009

the week in review

after taking two weeks totally off from working out and not doing a thing but catching up with j and doing homework this week was getting back to business...i have made some goals...and decided a few things about training that i would like to do...

-increase running mileage...i think i just need to have more miles on my legs to feel strong at the finish...and to push like i want to push at the end of a race

-i'm going to run the marine corps marathon next october with my cousin... :) i think this means we are going to run a marathon a year and make our families come

-i'm going to run the austin half in february

-work on sport and me specific strength training...hip flexers...glutes...etc

-get back in the pool

so i am figuring out how i am going to do all of this but i started small but started so that is a good thing...yoga monday, core tuesday and thursday, a spin on wednesday and...ran saturday...the first run since chicago...short and sweet and totally awkward...but good none the less...and i ran again today...7 on the trail with some t3 peeps...tried to keep it brisk...felt great for most of it...tried to push a bit more on the last mile...and didn't have it...grr...need to do something about that...

other good stuff this week...i got into my internship program...had a nice meeting with my boss :)...went to see st. andrew's production of les mis...it was awesome...and i have had songs from it stuck in my head all week...

got a 92 on my biochem test...rocked it out...average was 72...i am _very_ excited about this...did a little dance when i saw that one!

had a great dinner to celebrate my internship program at enoteca with j and jennifer...and i got a cupcake (finally my post race cupcake!) which also signifies my return to proper nutrition post race...

still need to schedule my cooking time with amy...

and even started thinking about thanksgiving menu ideas...

lovely weekend...good end to a good week...love me some friends, family and this gorgeous weather...

2 comments:

etg said...

I will welcome you back to the pool! As always, you have a sensible plan, Jess. And what better week to get it onto paper than the great one that you just had - internship, biochem test, etc...! So glad that you came to see Les Mis - did my heart good to share my work world with my T3 friends. Here's to what's ahead...and a new month to get it all started!

Amy H. said...

thanks for making me feel better about taking 2 weeks off!!! back to it next week. yoga and core to start. welcome back!