Sunday, November 8, 2009

uhm what happened to this year

it is hard to believe that it's the second week in november...and i just ordered my turkey for thanksgiving and bought plane tickets for christmas break...and hard to believe that just a year ago i was getting ready to head out to arizona to compete in my first ironman...wow...

this week was pretty mellow...not too much school stress (a welcome break) and not training for anything in particular so i'm just going to workouts when i want...

though i found out that the nagging in my foot turned out to be a sprained ligament...which i did stepping off a stone on my front pathway...lame...it's mild...and phil the pt guru is ok if i run short three times a week...did that on thursday and it didn't feel all that great...so i'm going to wait to do more running until i get it taped...so this gives me real reason to take it easy...and focus on my bike and swim...

made it to my first spin and first long ride in awhile...it was beautiful out on saturday and i tried to hammer the 32 miles...could feel the burn on some of the hills out on bee caves...and it was nice to be back on the bike...i love my bike...

also got to swim friday morning with ETG...a birthday swim for her...and i got to draft off her...and get back in barton springs...always nice there...and with day light savings...it is light for part of the swim!

so since i procrastinated on my homework yesterday i must get back at it today...coming in to the home stretch here...and am getting really excited about that december break :)

No comments: