Saturday, October 24, 2009

Rest.

Rest is something that has not been in my vocabulary since post IMAZ last November...and at the moment...it's my new favorite word...besides my forced time off last january from overuse injury...i have been training for something non stop...and i am really happy to say i have done nothing more difficult than ride my mtn. bike around my neighborhood and to school and back...and nothing that resembles a workout since running chicago...it has been really nice...i still feel some funky build up in my legs like when i stretch they are on the verge of cramping...but don't...so i'm not pushing my self to get back into a schedule quite yet...

it has been nice to not drive around to workouts after i get done with class for the day...somehow this always stresses me out...how am i going to get to spin and get my trainer set up blah blah before the workout starts...yeah it bugs me...so not feeling that has been really really nice...guess i need that mental break too...it makes my homework all seem that much more manageable when i am not training 18 hours a week...hmm funny how that works...

i have been cooking a bunch and well i love that so it has been great...indian lentils with butternut squash, 8 grain bread, spaghetti squash topped with marinara and baked (yum!), banana muffins, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, pasta with arugula, chicken, mushrooms and caramelized onions...yeah i have been having fun...

so this coming week i think i will pick some workouts and go to them...or not go to them if i don't want to...nice to have that option...and i will figure out my off season...register for classes...and hopefully find out about my internship (still holding out hope that it comes in the mail today)...and continue to embrace the rest

No comments: