Wednesday, September 23, 2009

running in the rain

tonight was track night...and i was totally falling asleep reading biochem right before i left for practice...so needless to say i was not feeling super chipper...with the 61 degree weather, overcast and then rainy sky it was more like grab a quilt and curl up on the couch with a movie...but no...i went to run track...when i got there...about 5 minutes before the workout was to start it was just me and coach logan...i didn't think that many people were going to show up and in the end it just turned out to be a half dozen dudes and me...had a good solid workout...ran 2x2x2 (minutes) each one progressively faster...starting a 10k going down...even though my shins hurt (mildly) my glutes are sore (from crab walking at core class) my quad is tight (just cause it wants to be) and i am tired (well cause i do a lot of stuff) i still had a pretty good workout...felt like i could pick it up a bit when i wanted to but also did not have to kill it or rather my body didn't want me to kill it so i didn't

i had been feeling a lack of confidence in my running the past week (thanks ETG for helping me through that!) i seem to get the big dose of self doubt right before i start to taper for a race...i remember feeling this way about 5 weeks out from IMAZ...totally had no confidence that i could actually complete the race let alone make any of the goal times i had written down...well that turned out to be a silly worry...so i am hoping that this bout of doubt is the same thing...just a quick ego check to show me that hey...it could go either way so you best focus missy...and focus i will...

i have started to write up my race plan...figuring out the details of race weekend and race day nutrition and wondering if there is anyway i can get into the massage tent post race...and hoping to find a super restaurant to share with my family post race...

anyway...we are getting close...and i am getting the hang of my semester...and ducks are in their wee rows...or being herded there...

hopefully two weeks from this sunday...i will be running hard in a little light rain on the streets of the windy city...chanting for the red sox...

1 comment:

etg said...

:) I encourage you. You inspire me. You encourage me. Seems like I still owe you here in this equation! Remember that we all believe in you. Pack that with you all the way to Chicago and pull it out of your suitcase when you need it...before the race or during the race! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!