Tuesday, September 15, 2009

guilt...

i'm not catholic...but i have a lot of guilt around a lot of things...like if i am working out, or eating/cooking dinner (any meal really), taking a break, watching a show on netflix or something...i'm feeling guilty that i should be studying...i know that one cannot study all hours in a day...as this is not productive...processing must happen at some point...but...i _still_ feel guilty...it's pesky...

let's take today for example...i was running a bit late after school because i was trying to cram in some studying...because i wasn't studying because i was in class...yes the class that i have a test in that i am studying for (get it??!!) so...i ended up getting home late...so i couldn't get to spin without rushing...so i got on the trainer and studied...yeah...

made/ate dinner...and took a break for an hour or so to watch a Lost on netflix...yes i am addicted...and never would have expected that i would like that show at all...and well...felt really bad the whole time...my brain saying "uhm you should be studying"...pesky brain...

don't even ask me what it is saying now...you don't want to know :| but hey i thought i should share my guilt :P

2 comments:

etg said...

Jess - I'm laughing because I often say that I would have been a really good Catholic as far as guilt is concerned! I can lay it on myself like none other so I know how you feel. But I think the more we take a break from the "shoulds" in our life, the more balanced we are...or at least that's what I tell myself (even if I don't always do it!). P.S. I love Lost, too...and was surprised by it.

Amy said...

I have the same problem. Let me know if you figure it out. I think it's related to being unable to truly live in the moment. I'm always thinking I should be doing something else. Running was a big help with this. It really freed my mind.