Monday, August 18, 2008

20miler

could the weather have been more perfect for a run sunday...well i guess it could have been 20 degrees cooler...but seriously...what a better run than last week...started off at barton springs with the other michelle and jeremiah...did a lap around I-35 and back to mopac to meet up with the group...didn't make it before they took off...but no worries...turned around and headed back out...to 35...jeremiah's first lap with me was a warm-up for him...it was a pretty good pace for me...so off they went to pick it up for their second two laps...and it was just me running along...for my second two...saw lots of people out on the trail...nice to see other team members running and cheering...and was feeling really good...

made it back out to do my last loop and could feel myself slowing down a bit...legs were getting tight but my spirits were good...after i got over the 35 bridge i broke the rest of the run down in my mind...it was four parts...first part was the bit on riverside...until you get back on the trail again...ok done...next part...the newspaper building to the water at first street...ok done...get water go to next section...trail by the water to over the barton springs bridge...ok done...last section...trail back to bsp parking lot...done! i finished with a smile !!

went and sat in the water where the dogs play...that felt great...and i was really happy with my run...averaged just over nine and a halfs for the run...way better than last time...even though i was again by myself running...today was a much better day

No comments: