Thursday, June 19, 2008

sleep/run

i was supposed to get up and go to the gym...but i had to be on campus later in the day so i thought i would do a gym tour and maybe hit the weights...so i slept until j got home from his gym w/o ~7am...it felt good...i totally needed it...

met with the program director of the coordinated nutrition program to go over my time line for applying and how my classes lay out...looks good to me...still have some questions as to my transfer credits but that is a question for my adviser...

amy b. met me outside of her office for a tour of the UT gym...that place is cool...huge with lots of equipment...i think it is going to work out just fine...even has an indoor track...7 laps to a mile...ug...but i didn't stick around for any lifting...did ride my bike to and from campus...

got my slow cooker cook books in the mail so dug into those a bit to try and figure this thing out...should be a fun process...going to try and make something on sunday to see how it works...

pm track w/o...9 minute warm up, drills, two laps of strides then the main set...3x800 ~5k pace...with a ~200m recovery jog between then 3x400 ~faster than 5k...two laps cool down...and then 15 minutes of core...not bad...shorter work out due to the 100+ temps...drank a whole bike bottle of Gatorade endurance and one of water...this seems to be a good thing for run and bike workouts...i need to try and drink more during swimming...

No comments: