Thursday, June 12, 2008

IMFixes

so lots of people are getting ready for IMCDA (i can't spell it...when i learn how to spell it i can race it)...i am feeling some of the excitement for them...but i am also feeling the excitement for my own IM...it is a while a way but i can't help thinking what i would be thinking if my race was two weeks out...then i thought about some little things...

when i registered for the event they ask you for your t-shirt size...the drop down menu contained a list of sizes M-XXL hmm...none of the above...so i chose M as that was the smallest...also when i registered i used my Whole name...not just jess...i did this because i was worried that some where it was going to be mad that i didn't use the same name that is on the credit card and thus reject my payment and not let me register...(yes these are things you think about when registering for an IM)...

i wanted to fix these things...and fix them so i wouldn't be worried about them later...you might say why does all this matter...well here are some reasons...if you participate in an event like and IM you want to be able to wear that shirt with pride...and you want it to fit without having to alter it...unlike the austin marathon shirt i got...sure it was a small...but it was a dress...and so i cut and sewed to make it at least ok to wear...

and after swimming 2.4 miles...biking 112...and you are somewhere in the midst of your marathon you don't want people calling out "go Jessica" and you looking around to see who that is cause everyone calls you jess...you want to know they are cheering for you...

so this post is for Melody at NASports...who within 2 hours of my request....changed both things on my registration...some things just make you smile...

2 comments:

Amy said...

I was so sad when I crossed the finish line and all they had left were mediums. And huge mediums, at that. It's definitely a dress, and I never wear it. I emailed them and asked if they were going to reprint and told them how sad I was, and they never replied.

I'm glad you got a better response!

(And if they don't fix the bib for some reason, you can always sharpie off the extra letters!)

Amy said...

Not sure why the race organizers can't figure out that the participants are fitter than most americans and do not require the oversized t-shirts. It seems like they are slowly coming around. Nice that NA was so helpful! Paul and I have struggled with service from our local events.

I knew it was Jessica! eww- just does not seem right at this point.