Tuesday, June 24, 2008

finally a good monday

woke up slightly dreading my swim at barton springs...and that is no fair...the springs is a magical and very special place...it was my fault that i was not feeling 100%...due to last monday's not so great happy swim...so there i was getting in the wetsuit ~6am just as the sun was peeking into the pool...got in the water...and started swimming...it was a little murky...and i could feel my heart rate starting to climb...ok i thought...what is freaking me out...well...i can't see...ok i thought...i'll just close my eyes...and you know what it worked...of course i had to open them to sight and make sure i wasn't slamming into the nice old ladies who paddle around with their heads above water...but that was ok...ended up doing ~1200 meters...just what i wanted...yeah...happy swim...

home and decided to try another crockpot experiment...i split an acorn squash (from the farm share this week) stuffed it with some onion, wild rice and lentils...a little salt, pepper and thyme...turned it on high and hoped that it would be ready for lunch...

off to the LBS to get myself a new helmet...and some other stuff...had to re-stock the nutrition...and buy some power bar brand gels to test out on the long run this week...i am hoping to use my carbooms on the IM run but i want to make sure that if i need to use the gels they provide on the course i can stomach them...met randy...i think he is new at the bike shop or i just never worked with him before...very nice...we chatted about endurolytes for a while and he ended up giving me a sample of his own to try...nice guy...my new helmet matches my bike...j made fun of me for that :P

the acorn squash was totally delicious...i put just a little soy butter on top for serving...i ate the whole thing...oops...

evening run workout was fartleks on the trail...after warm-up and drills we jogged easy to the trail...~1 mile from the track...and across the mopac foot bridge...the we started the set...i was in the "fast" group purely for distance...hmmm...i would have proclaimed i was in the "fun" group but coach thought otherwise...the set was a ladder...1minutes on 2easy 2m on 2e 3m on 2e 4m on 2e 5m on 2e then back down...on the four mile loop of the trail...then back to the track...i finished my set right as i turned on to exposition so my cool down was not all that long...i ran hard when i was supposed to...and felt spent and hot but good at the end...

j made dinner that was almost ready as i got out of my ice bath...yummy...then early to bed for an early rise tuesday..

1 comment:

Mark said...

Thermolytes have more sodium per capsule than Endurolytes (150mg vs. 100mg). If you're gonna be takin' a big ol' horse pill, fewer is better I reckon! :-)