Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Final Prep

I'm in the process of my final preparations for Ironman #2...the bike is shipped, my bags are packed...flush out massage done...motivational note cards are being written (by me and others..thanks!) and the boarding pass is printed...now it's just travel and take it easy before the big day on sunday...

i'm really going though waves of nervousness and excitement but generally very calm at the moment...i am hoping to hold on to that as we approach the weekend...i have trained well and consistently...i have made gains and moved forward in my training and in my fitness...i have found much more balance with school/friends/husband/training this time around...so the whole process has just felt a little more relaxed. less stressful and more fun...and really just ready to take that fun though my IM day

Sure i have goals that i am scared to say out loud to many people...i'm drawing a blank as to what 58 degrees feels like (the lows here in ATx have been in the high 70's)...and what it's like to wear arm warmers...but i am also excited to overhear over confident/under trained dudes brag about past races...check out all the new IM gear at the expo...and relax in what i am told is a totally beautiful area of the country...

so i will hope to keep you all (the three of you) who read my blog..posted as to my adventures in Idaho...but if you want to catch me race day it's #2210 :) let's do this!!

4 comments:

etg said...

Feel so fortunate to be doing this with you...you are more than ready!

erin said...

i'm so excited for you, jess. (and you too, etg!) you do seem like a different person this time around. wish i could be there in person, but i promise to be there in spirit!

Amy said...

You're probably there in CdA right now! Or soon. Maybe Spokane by now.

I hope to one day actually catch up to you, so I can train WITH you, but it's been a pleasure the few times I got to chase after you this year! You make a great rabbit, and I hope to give back on Sunday by cheering my head off for you. So soon! So excited!

ann and arthur said...
This comment has been removed by the author.