Thursday, April 30, 2009

In Search Of...

i want my negative split back...since i have come back from my injury...i have been to three track workouts...two of which were timed short distance speed work...99% of the time these are to be done negative splitting the set...getting faster as you go...i used to be so good at this...spot on every time...now...well not so much...i know that i am just coming back from being off from speed work for almost a month but i want it back...

we did partner 8x400 then 4x200 on the track...i stayed in the 1.38-1.40 range...i used to be faster...sigh...though i did have one of my coaches (miss super speed chrissie) as my run partner...man she s fast...so my rest interval was short...i pushed it...but could feel those last few were really tough...but hey i'm just glad to be back...

we did the 4x200 on our own...had three the same and then the last one one second faster...that was good...and again very happy to have had a speed session and no pain...

this morning i am sore...i have a feeling it is the combo of core wednesday morning, physical therapy wednesday afternoon, and the track workout...but it feels good...like i worked hard and know it...

just a little over a week left in my classes...then a few days off until finals begin...i have four...which is better than six...i have already started studying for my organic chem final...just an hour a day...but it's something...i feel much more human now that i can see then end of the semester ahead of me...and i don't have two tests every week...and a lab and two quizzes...and...almost there

1 comment:

etg said...

Jess..you'll find your negative split again. I have NO doubt. You've made a great comeback. I'm amazed at how strong you are and how well you are doing...and it is NO fair to get matched with Coach Pain:)