Thursday, December 27, 2007

pittsburgh

yesterday was nice...did the 3-2-1 workout with 15 minutes warm up and cool down...i thought the workout was fun but tough...and would have been a bit easier had there been a spot that was totally flat for me to run...but i didn't want to be on the track so the road in Fox Chapel was where i went...after a nice warm up of 1.5 miles...it was a 3 minute 10k push with 3 recovery 2 minutes at 5k with 2 recovery 1 minute fast 1 recovery....repeat three times...nice...the middle repeat was on a flat section of the trillium trail park...totally pretty to run in the quiet of the trees and the trickle of the stream...i felt good after that run...iced the knees (no time for a full ice bath) then off to pittsburgh mills...

watched the nephews play in the really huge indoor play area...they had a blast...tons of people out returning christmas gifts...i thought it was fun that we were just there to play and not get involved in any of that consumption...

mom dad and i went to OCC for dinner...it was nice to have a bit of grown up time with my folks...as always dinner was excellent...i had seared scallops with fava beans, asparagus and rice pilaf...yummy...

my brother is off to the APA in maryland today to try and get himself a tenure track job...i am keeping my fingers crossed that he gets a great one...and we are off to the strip district to check out Penzey's, primanti brothers and the local flavors of down town...

1 comment:

Amy said...

Wow Jess, I bet my parents totally know these places you went to in Pittsburgh. I don't pay enough attention when they tell of their visits back to the homeland. But, I do see this one restaurant has a picture of a sandwich with fries on it. I hear that is a popular trend out there? Paul and I are going to try really hard to eat super healthy until after the Ironman. We'll see how it goes!