Saturday, October 23, 2010

one week to go!





as i posted on FB..this time next week i will be in DC making final preparations for race day...i have gone over my race plan with my coach....i know what i am going to wear, eat, drink and think on race day (and before and after)...i know how i am going to feel before, during and after the race...i know that i am going to be supported not only by the huge crowds at the race, the Marines....and my family...both my mom/dad/bro/sis-in-law/2 nephews AND my husband's mom/dad/sis/bro-in-law!! woot! thanks guys!!

i am having a bit of a hard time getting my head around the fact that it is so soon...however i am getting excited...did my last long run this morning...it just happened to be HUMID and warm...but that is okay...race day will be what it is...and that is all i can ask for...

one way that i know i am ready...and ready to be done is how i keep thinking about mornings when i won't have to set my alarm...i know it won't last long but i hope to have a few weekends of that before i start training again..

and the pressure is slightly less in terms of Boston qualifying too...i am still going for it...for absolutely sure...but Boston is already sold out (it sold out in 8 hours)...so this is for 2012 :D

1 comment:

etg said...

Goooooooooooooooooooo, Jess! Sending you thoughts for quick feet, powerful legs, a strong heart, and a wonderful day!!