Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Training Again and Stuff

After two weeks totally and completely off...full of wine and cupcakes and eating a lot...i am back to training...this time for Marine Corps Marathon 10.31.10

coach amy gave me a great (revised--as i am still on the mend from Ironman) schedule that included my very first long run back...10 miles last saturday...and as a matter of fact...i took it easy and had fun...it's always hard to start up with a group that has been running together for a few months but i met some cool folks and hopefully will find some good running buddies

so four days of running, one swim, one bike...i'm hoping to throw a core class in there somewhere but giving myself a little leniency in this case until i figure out a good place to stick that...

very excited about my new MASI single speed...i have been riding it to my WF internship and really anywhere i can...it's fun and pretty...oh the photo is not my actual bike...mine has a black chain...and a set of flat bars up front with one (rear) brake...hurray for super sale at mellow j's bike shop...what fun

other than that i have been cooking/baking and keeping up with my nutrition focus...generally keeping myself busy...and catching up on some good reading...including but not limited to Food Matters, A Homemade Life, Endurance Sports Nutrition, The China Study, New Good Food and Ratio...my summer reading list rules

No comments: