Friday, March 6, 2009

let it go...

this is something that i have been trying to let myself do and i'm having a hard time with it...but making tiny steps forward...a good thing...i think...it is hard for me not to do everything 100%...to not put my whole mind and body into something even the small things is not really a me thing to do...but this semester this is driving me to the point of tears...just because there is not enough time...i have learned that there are things i need to do first and get done and really put all of me in...and then there are things that don't really matter that much...like a 10 question bio homework that overall is worth less than a point...just wing it...i didn't do well...and ended up not caring...and for some reason that felt really good...i was able to laugh at myself...just because it's really ok not to take everything so seriously...so letting go of those little things...is ok...but still hard for me to do...

j is off to ASU today to a conference where he is speaking...so last night we went to aquarelle for a very lovely un-birthday dinner...we kept thinking if the chefs get tired of making the same thing over and over...i hope they change the menu often...just to retain their kitchen staff...anyway it was a very lovely dinner...i went for PEI muscles and sear scallops, j had butter lettuce salad (with bacon) and the tenderloin...the menu came with dessert as well...i went for the cream puff with chocolate sauce and strawberry...j with the coffee creme brulee...i ate the puff (not the cream...it would hurt me) it was tasty...nice strawberry and chocolate combo...but j's coffee creme brulee was tasty (i had to try)...neither of us had this before...and were a bit shocked by the cloying sweetness of the crispy sugar top...but minus that...the flavor underneath was fantastic...it was a fun dinner...

i have one test today (boo) then a Dr appointment, a massage then happy hour with a few of the girls...i'm not doing homework today...and i'm not going to worry about it...it's my present to myself...i'm allowed...right?!

1 comment:

etg said...

Not worrying...time with friends...what wonderful birthday presents to yourself! You know I understand what you are saying about "letting it go" - I'm proud of you and we'll have to keep encouraging each other along that path. I know it's better for our long term health - mentally, emotionally, and physically...it's just tough to do. Glad to be on the adventure with you, Jess. And I'm incredibly glad you were born and that we get to celebrate your birthday today! Hope it's a wonderful one!!